Fall Goodness

Nothing says Autumn like Apple Pie. Camp life is no doubt busy but there is something to be said for coming home to the same place every night and finding a complete household of kitchen utensils and a real bed to sleep in. We are thoroughly enjoying having a place here at camp to call our own. A stocked kitchen is a definite plus to be able to cook and bake goodies to keep us going through our busy times.
This summer I got a bit of the cooking bug. I enjoyed preparing meals for the guests and here at home I have tried to continue trying new things. Thanks to a bunch of apples off my mother-in-law's tree we are now on our third batch of apple sauce and now onto our second pie. The pie pictured here was a group effort with Annette, Rebecca and I. It was my first attempt at making a pie and all in all, I would say that it was one of the best apple pies that I have ever tasted. Last night was the real test when we decided to attempt a second pie. I thought it would be necessary to ensure that the first pie was not just some fluke. By george, I think we have something here. I was able to cure a few of the cosmetic issues that you may notice with pie number one and to top it off, it did not taste half bad either.
Sadly, Annette was not here to taste pie #2 but we sure are glad that she could be with us for a short while last weekend. Since we have moved back to WI we have managed to see family in one form or another every weekend since our arrival at camp. We sure do enjoy being closer to you all. Below is a shot of my nephew Christopher. We wanted to get him started young with the juggling sticks. His uncle had a few tricks to show hime and I think he is catching on quite well.
Comments
mom