Billiards anyone?
When Rebecca and I were considering the director, I jokingly mentioned that if we ended up in the directors house we would have to find a way to get a pool table into the basement. Thank God for god parents. Here we are after only five months in this beautiful home and we have added a beautiful 1968 Brunswick table to the basement. It has already proved to be a wonderful addition to the home and will no doubt see years of use by our staff.
Uncle Kenny and Aunt Sharon made their way over from MN last weekend and we had a wonderful visit as we schlepped 250# slabs of slate down into the basement and assembled the table. Thanks to the program specialists that helped out with that exciting chore. A huge thank you to Uncle Kenny for his expertise in assembling the table for us. Peters Billiards deserves a huge shout out too for donating the table. Thanks again to Uncle Kenny and Aunt Sharon for a wonderful visit and for setting us up with such a sweet deal.
I realized once the table was set up that my desire to have one at my house stems from the fact that no matter where I was while growing up I always had a table around. Grandma's basement, Nonna's basement, Auntie Gerry's house and then our place out in WA. Many hours of my early years and certainly high school years were spent around a table. Thanks for keeping that tradition going, right now I am off to practice.
Uncle Kenny and Aunt Sharon made their way over from MN last weekend and we had a wonderful visit as we schlepped 250# slabs of slate down into the basement and assembled the table. Thanks to the program specialists that helped out with that exciting chore. A huge thank you to Uncle Kenny for his expertise in assembling the table for us. Peters Billiards deserves a huge shout out too for donating the table. Thanks again to Uncle Kenny and Aunt Sharon for a wonderful visit and for setting us up with such a sweet deal.
I realized once the table was set up that my desire to have one at my house stems from the fact that no matter where I was while growing up I always had a table around. Grandma's basement, Nonna's basement, Auntie Gerry's house and then our place out in WA. Many hours of my early years and certainly high school years were spent around a table. Thanks for keeping that tradition going, right now I am off to practice.
Before I go, for those of you playing at home here is a bit if trivia I found while perusing the Brunswick site. The first real American celebrity who owned a Brunswick table was—Abraham Lincoln. "Lincoln was a self-confessed 'billiards addict.' He described the game as a “health inspiring, scientific game, lending recreation to the otherwise fatigued mind.” That should be the perfect escape for a camp director.
Comments