The Wilderness Program Team



Howdy friends.  Life has been racing by lately, have no fear though we have been pausing every now and again to take it in.  Our first week of camp is complete and it could not have gone any smoother.  Our staff is tremendous and they make life wonderful for Rebecca and I.  One program that we have here at camp that Rebecca and I are both very passionate about is the Voyageur program.  It is our wilderness tripping program.  Just a week before school was out I took the crew along with our WPT coordinator on a little outing to hone some skills as well as teach some new ones.  We did two days of backpacking, three days of paddling and portaging and then they did two days of work on the river as well.  Sadly, I had to return to gym class so I was not able to join them on the river portion of the journey.  Although the trip fell just a week before staff training, it was a much needed chunk of time spent in the wilderness.  The crew did great, the snow flakes fell and the boats all stayed upright.  Well, everything is true but the last statement.  We'll save those stories for another day.

Comments