Growing with God Gardens


The week has been warm, quite warm really.  It was the 7th week of camp, with two left to go but it is the first week that I even noticed the heat.  I consider myself very blessed to be able to say that.  I am not a fan of the hot weather.  Gone are the wet cool days of the early summer.  With that said, there are only two weeks to go and I think we are going to make it through just fine.  It does mean that we have to give the garden a bit more love when it comes to watering.  I went out yesterday and all the leaves were drooping and it was clear that I had neglected the little plot for a bit too long. 

I made it up to the garden this morning for an early morning watering run before the hot sun began to show its face.  The garden is new on camp this year and so far we have been very pleased.  It is such a joy to head down and find new foods ready to eat each and every day.  New life,  is perplexing to me.   It is amazing to me how one day there is a little nubbin' on the vine and a day or two later we have peppers.  The food seems to appear out of nowhere.  It is just amazing how life comes about.  I think the name Ryan gave to the garden is great.  "Growing with God Gardens."  Maybe this all ties in to to the fact that Rebecca receives an email update weekly as to the status of our little one.  Each week it attempts to help us get to know baby better by comparing it with some fruit or vegetable that is easier for us to visualize.  This week we have a Spaghetti Squash.  We have a few of those in the garden too...    

I will get some photos of the full garden soon too but for now, here are some veggies. 




Comments