Preparations
It's been awhile since you have heard from us. I can only imagine that blogging may become even more sparse in the days ahead as the twins enter this world. So, I thought this morning that I would take a few moments to catch you up to speed on all that is happening in preparation of their arrival. Things are looking good for the little ones, they are both currently breech with little chance of turning at this point but they seem to be growing up healthy and strong so if they have to enter the world by c-section than that is what we will do.
The stacks of onsies are mounting as we prepare. People ask, "are you ready?" Generally, I think that we are. I mean, the garage is clean, the bed is clean and really what else matters? Come on, let's be honest, just like it is with the first child, I don't really know what to expect with twins so I am as ready as I can be. I love the mystery of it all. There are some things in life, really, all things in life that one just has to turn over to God. That faith and trust coupled with a bit of reasonable preparation on our end will hopefully carry us through. There certainly are lots of unknowns yet but in a way, I enjoy that.
What I do know is at some point, all too quickly, they grow up and start wearing dresses and pretzel containers and dancing around and that is when the real fun begins.
editors note: The above "dress" is a tank top that Andrew found as Rebecca was going through yet one more tub of hand-me-down maternity clothing. It was not condoned by mom or dad in any way, although I did photograph it and post it for all to see...
Comments