Life around here lately




While reading a friend's blog yesterday, it hit me.  She and I went to high school together.  She has three children and recently finished chemo and a mastectomy for breast cancer.  She is preparing now for radiation.  She started out her blog talking about her lack of posts since she has been feeling so well with the brief reprieve from treatments.  She talked about how normal life feels in the "in-between."  Then she went on to talk of her four tattoos.  Of course getting all inked up was not something I can relate to but I echo her sentiments in terms of writing.

I think I have talked of it before but I still struggle some days making the switch.  I guess I just need to put it out there.  Although cancer(or its effects) are still a part of my life I may not have much to say about it for awhile.  I suppose that is good.  I just need to remember that I can write about other things.  Maybe it has nothing to do with that at all.  Maybe it has to do with the speed at which life has been passing by lately.  Too fast!  As I look to the above photos, we certainly have made some time to get out and hang with family.  Easter was spent down in KY with the family.  We took most of them by surprise.  We also managed to get up to hang out with Rebecca's family the week after Easter.  Flying kites in the corn field was definitely a highlight.  Around home, getting the garden ready to rock and roll has been keeping us busy too.  I had one last stump in the garden that finally is no more after my whole crew of helpers worked feverishly to remove it!  As for the photo up top...Well, Rebecca is away for the weekend and while I was on the phone, Joshua decided to lead his sister out into the rainy world.  They were into the puddles before I could even make it out the door.  Rather than take them back inside, I made a beeline for the camera to capture the moment.  Those two sure do keep us movin'.

Thanks as always for stopping by for a quick read.  I look forward to sharing my Guinness book of world record story with you all very soon.

Comments