Together Again

A good friend of mine showed up to visit yesterday and the first question out of his mouth was, "Why did you quit blogging?"  A fair question indeed.  If my literary silence had anyone else scared please know that I am feeling GREAT!  Why did I quit blogging? QUite simply because I was plum tuckered out.  The post treatment life has been an adjustment to say the least.  There is really more to it than I want to go into right now but I just needed time.

I am pleased to say that with the passage of time, life has slowly returned to a comfortable pace.  This past weekend we enjoyed some quality family time away in Alton, IL to celebrate with two former CG staffers who took huge steps forward in their religious order.  One taking first vows and one entering into the novitiate.

While we were there we celebrated the Feast of the Assumption, August 15th, which also happened to be the one year anniversary of my transplant. Doc's exact words after my last CT scan where, "squeaky clean." What a year it has been.  Again, thank you all for the prayers and support and I hope to get back to this blogging thing more regularly again and maybe even capture a few of my reflections from all that has gone on in the past few years.

Comments

Ruby said…
Praise God for you brother!! Continued blessings for you, Rebecca and your wonderful kids. Miss you!!
Claire said…
What a cute picture! You all are an adorable family! Having watched my mother-in-law go through the BMT process, I know it can be a really long and slow recovery. Continued prayers for you all....