A look back
Dear Family and Friends-
Greetings and peace to you in the final days of 2013. It's the 6th day in the Octave of Christmas so I have managed to make it in under the wire. Thanks for stopping by the blog for a quick read. After a recent sizable snowfall I took a walk about camp and it occurred to me as I wandered through the woods that our lives may be compared to the small, young white pine tree. The weight of the snow had pulled these trees all the way to the ground. They were bent over under the heavy load. As the wind would blow through the trees, snow would release from the branches and trees would spring back to life all around me. The snowstorm knocked them down and it took the subsequent wind to bring them back to life.
The past few years have brought some heavy snows. We have been laden with much and felt bent and pinned down at many times. I am pleased to say that the wind has blown through and knocked all but a scant amount of snow from the branches of our lives and we are feeling downright good around here this year.
The past few years have brought some heavy snows. We have been laden with much and felt bent and pinned down at many times. I am pleased to say that the wind has blown through and knocked all but a scant amount of snow from the branches of our lives and we are feeling downright good around here this year.
Birthday Pallooza week finished up the week before Christmas so Andrew is now five and Mary and Joshua are three, if you can believe that...I know, I cannot. Every day they bring great amounts of joy to our little family. Rebecca and I constantly smile at all they say and do, well at almost everything they do. And yes, to all of you with twins out there who reassured us that "it gets easier," your words are finally coming true. In fact, now it just gets to be a whole heap of fun.
Traveling to Lake Michigan, St. Louis, Kentucky, Lake Tomahawk and Lake Superior were all trips that helped to build some great family memories this year. We now have a large six-man tent so that is our preferred lodging when we are able. Making maple syrup, playing outside, enjoying campfires and marshmallows, successful family canoe trips, and Andrew's first solo kayaking and rock climbing were among other highlights of the year.
Rebecca and I are entering our 7th year as directors at Camp Gray and I celebrated my 10th year here. Rebecca's staff career began in '99 so she is definitely considered seasoned around this great place. Camp celebrated 60 years and some great festivities commemorated that milestone. This coming year we are excited to be building a gym and God willing a new dining hall will go up in 2015. Here's a brief snippet of some summertime fun at Camp Gray. We are blessed every year to work with a great staff and this year was no different.
As always, we continue to be thankful each and every day for all of you in our lives and for good health. May God bless you this year and hopefully our paths will cross with many of you over this upcoming year. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas.
Traveling to Lake Michigan, St. Louis, Kentucky, Lake Tomahawk and Lake Superior were all trips that helped to build some great family memories this year. We now have a large six-man tent so that is our preferred lodging when we are able. Making maple syrup, playing outside, enjoying campfires and marshmallows, successful family canoe trips, and Andrew's first solo kayaking and rock climbing were among other highlights of the year.
Rebecca and I are entering our 7th year as directors at Camp Gray and I celebrated my 10th year here. Rebecca's staff career began in '99 so she is definitely considered seasoned around this great place. Camp celebrated 60 years and some great festivities commemorated that milestone. This coming year we are excited to be building a gym and God willing a new dining hall will go up in 2015. Here's a brief snippet of some summertime fun at Camp Gray. We are blessed every year to work with a great staff and this year was no different.
As always, we continue to be thankful each and every day for all of you in our lives and for good health. May God bless you this year and hopefully our paths will cross with many of you over this upcoming year. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas.
Comments