Sheds in the woods.

Andrew and I have been doing a lot of looking for "sheds" lately, and I'm not talking about the kind where you might store your lawn mower.  Each year Bucks will drop, or "shed" their antlers in late winter and begin growing new ones.  We happened upon a monster pair today! Truth be told, I happened upon this dandy of a pair and I ran home to fetch the whole gang to "discover" this pair on their own.  It has been a week filled with cool wildlife encounters.  Stop back in a few days and we will share the story of a close encounter with a Coopers Hawk...








Comments

Oh. My. Word. Those are VERY pretty sheds. That's awesome!
Unknown said…
Nice find!
mama and papa hoeben said…
wow, those are amazing
Katie P. said…
Looks like so much fun!! My boys would be giddy over those "sheds"!! I just caught up on your blog and it looks like you guys had a great Fall/Winter;)! What an amazing life...so happy for you!!