The Puzzle of Life

Greetings and salutations friends.  It's been too long, I am attempting to change that.  It is said that if one wants to get better at something the first thing one has to do is actually practice the activity that which one wants to improve.  So, here I am writing to you today in an effort to practice my writing... (after that intro, it appears as though I need some practice) I know many of you enjoy reading and I enjoy writing so I am trying to get back at it.

Life has been a puzzle as of late.  I suppose it always will be, but on the back side of cancer, life's pieces have not clicked into place as seamlessly as one might hope.   That being said, starting this fall we've made some changes around the house and as you can see from the photo the puzzles are coming together.

Rebecca heads into the office everyday to keep this amazing camp running and I hang out with the littles.  We've made the decision to homeschool during this season of our lives.  There are myriad of reasons for this but let's just say that I thoroughly enjoy being home with my kids all day long.  I hope in the coming months, maybe even years I can expound upon the benefits and lessons taken from being a homeschool dad.  Is it easy?  Heck no.  Is it frustrating at times? Heck yes. But I love it.
The above photo was taken one morning, on a Tuesday morning to be more exact.  Tuesdays in our house are deemed "No-TV-Tuesdays."  We kick off the day with a scrumptious, bountiful oatmeal buffet just to be different and then the creativity begins to flow.  The kids went in and began assembling puzzles and before we knew it nineteen puzzles were complete on the living room floor.  I guess the pieces are coming together after all.  Thanks for reading.


Comments