Cyress Island







As Kermit the Frog always says, "Time's fun when you're having flies." It's August already and the days are flying by. Rebecca has made her way back to Wisconsin and heads off to her first day on the job on Monday. I meanwhile continue to take complete strangers out camping and attempt to pass along my wealth of knowledge when it comes to smores and marine invertebrates. A big thanks to Cameron for the new smore technique and to Rebecca for the marine life knowledge. I don't have time here to go into all the marine knowledge but I will share Cameron's latest smore technique. It involves placing the perfectly roasted mallow onto the graham followed by a quick insertion of the Herseys into the soft melting mallow. This mallow impregnation is a guaranteed method for enjoying melted chocolate.

As Rebecca and I were looking through the latest posts we realized that most of our shots are taken from the water. In an effort to include some variety on the blog I tried to capture a bit of life around camp. Well, the shots on water turned out better so I will continue working towards an accurate representation of life at Pelican beach. Until then, what you see is a bit of Bull Kelp on the surface with a reflection of the photographer and an underwater shot of a cute grouping of Pisaster sea stars. The folks on the "teeter-totter" are a few of the guests I had along on the last trip. A dad and his four year old just being boys.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice Jeff. Rebecca and Mom are here today with a "load" of stuff. I gave them both a big hug, glad to have them here and can't wait for you to arrive!!

One more week to go. Where has the summer gone. Have a great rest of the summer and we will see you soon...Tricia
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.