The Dangers of Fatherhood

Up until now, I have not said much on the blog about what it means to be a Dad.  The lack of words on the subject is not due to the fact that I have nothing to say.  There is in fact so much to say, however time to say it seems to be scarce.  A certain diaper changing incident deserves to be shared here on Life is Good, however, because life certainly is good and nothing says good like a dead on sprinkle from a 3 week old bundle of joy.  The part I hesitate to share is that as we often see in life, sometimes lessons we learn must be learned more than once...Yep, I got peed on twice yesterday. Now, the first time I was simply standing in awe as I watched my son fill his new diaper with poo even before I could get things firmly in place.  As I have said multiple times, the kid is going to be an artist because he always loves the "fresh canvas."  It never fails that the big blow outs come right after a fresh diaper has been secured.  

As for the second shot, a far more direct hit, which is evidenced by the above photo, I don't know what to say. I simply was not on my A game when I stepped up to the changing table that round.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right as they say.  Diaper changing is no place for complacency.  

There is an interesting development to this whole round of strategic sprayings that I learned of  this morning after a successful pee-free diaper change. When Rebecca heard that things had gone down without a hitch she quickly turns to Andrew and says, "Now Andrew, we talked about this, when dad puts you up on the table remember it is simple just turn, aim, and shoot."  To think that my own wife has been coaching him in this childish warfare all along.  

Lucky for me, I am not the only one to have ever been doused by a little darling.  Many others have darlings of their own that like to engage in wee-wee warfare.  Believe it or not a contraption called the Pee Pee Teepee  actually exists to combat such a soaking. They even come in camouflage.  None for this dad though.  The battle will go on sans teepee.  Stay tuned for more parenting adventures.  There are many more to come no doubt.  In the mean time, this dad is going to get some sleep.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember the first time Daniel got his dad... along with the window blinds and the curtains. They certainly try for distance.

Cuzin Sue in CA
Chris Topher said…
Who's the guy that decides to invent a product that combats the natural God given right of infants to whiz on their parents? Who is he? And then he has the intrepidity to call it a pee pee teepee.