Strawberry Island

Yesterday was one of those days where the water just calls out, "come and paddle." We left aside all the work to be done at the office and we headed out for a great jaunt on over to Strawberry Island. Many of you are asking yourself right now, "Hoeben, what kind of work do you have waiting for you at the office?" None, really, I just like to think I had something to leave behind when in actuality, all we have to do right now is paddle. So, paddle we did. We did about 14 miles from Anacortes and back. We managed to time the trip just right such that the current was never in our favor but that is the beast of the San Juans. We will be learning to figure this current out constantly this summer and after a full summer on the water, that will merely be the tip of the iceberg in terms of what these waters have to throw at us.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is just to beautiful!
Mama Hoeben
Where did the other kayak's in the photograph come from? Were they rented? Borrowed?
sarahbear221 said…
WOW! So yeah I love you guys. Jeff I was REALLY excited to hear from you yesterday. I particularly enjoyed the cinomon roll blog btw. Yup..yup. I'm gonna go work on more scholarships!
Love you guys!
+Sarah