If I had a Boat!


The song by Lyle Lovit titled "If I had a Boat" became a favorite of ours a few years back while we were building our first kayak. That was back in 2005 just after we were married. The process was quite an adventure. We learned a lot about working together as well as the nuts and bolts of fiberglassing and kayak building. The question became, "well, that was fun, should we do it again...?"

About two years ago while perusing Craigslist we noticed a partially completed boat for sale nearby. The guy had begun building a Pygmy Osprey Triple and then became side tracked by other projects. This was of course before Andrew but we knew there would be some little ones coming down the pike someday so after much discussion we asked Mark and Tricia to head down to Lake Wisconsin with their racecar trailer to help us get this thing home. What you see in the top photo was where he left off. Now, I know I said this was two years ago, the progress has been slow...In fact nonexistent for the past two years but we have decided that this boat needs to see some water soon so I am happy to say that I am back in the boat shop moving along quite swiftly and with any luck we'll get out on the water come break-up.

For those of you keeping track this will bring our boat total to 4 and our total capacity to 6 paddlers.

Comments

sarahbear221 said…
SWEET!!!!