Like Father, Like Son


In a conversation with my sister yesterday she recounted that during a conversation with her husband, they basically concluded that we(Rebecca and I) have a partially clouded view of parenting or at least how "good" our child is. We always talk about how wonderful Andrew is and yet, they hear us also occasionally say things like"He doesn't want to eat" "he's not a very good sleeper," "his poop has been pretty inconsistent..."(Really, we don't make too many comments about his poop but really if a kid is not eating, sleeping and pooping well, what else is there?)

Well, there is a lot more to this little guy. There are the times when the music comes on and he throws both hands in the air and begins to twist at the waist like he is going for the Guinness record of hula-hooping. Then there are the times when I go in to pick him up from a nap and he smiles from ear to ear and reaches his tiny arms to their full extent asking to be picked up. Or, how about when I pull him in the Fawn Tracker and he laughs non-stop all the way to the mail box, (and where I live, the mail box is not right outside my door.) Andrew brings such joy and it is a testament to the power of love that all those not-so-good times are very quickly forgotten leaving only the good memories lingering.

So, call it clouded or call it parental love, whatever it is I'd say parenting is pretty darn cool. As I write this he sleeps in an attempt to fight off a cold and cough. He went down at 4:30(it is now 8pm) it could be a long night but hey, how can you not love a kid like this.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I love it!
grandma