He 'aint heavy, he's my brother.

So many people have been so good to us throughout the last battle and the help has begun rolling in once again.  We COULD NOT do it without you all, Thank you!  This morning at 5am, I wanted to thank a special helper.

Most of you know that I am one of six children.  I am the second oldest.  I have four sisters and growing up, as much as I loved all my dear sisters, I longed for a brother.  After fourteen years, Kevin finally came on scene.  This year, he came on scene in a big way around here.  The last two summers, Camp Gray has been his summer home but he came back this fall.  I was finishing chemo and going through radiation and  he stepped in to be a constant force of care for our little ones.  He does an amazing job with the three little kiddos, although I do think Mary does get preferential treatment.  He's smitten over that little one.

Yesterday he came along for some errands.  Only one week out from surgery, I am still not supposed to be lifting, so having Kevin around always makes life easier.  He is getting ready to take on a new role at scout camp this summer and he will certainly be missed.  I know it is not easy to take a sick brother to chemo or care for his kids when Kevin is only 20 years old(almost 21!) But he has done a great job and is always willing to help in any way.

Kevin took me to my first bone marrow biopsy too.  He was not at my last one but we reminisce and talk of the good 'ol days.  While at my last one, I learned some more tough news.  Each of my chemo treatments will no longer be at the day clinic.  I will be admitted to St. Mary's for each treatment and will likely be there at least two nights.  This round is going to be more intense than the last one.  I will have treatment every three weeks rather than every two like last time.

Wednesday will be a day when hopefully more answers will come.  Many of you have asked all sorts of questions that we have no answers for yet.  Hopefully Dr. Longo will be able to clear up things.  I do know that as of now, chemo will begin the day after so, Thursday the 24th will be day1.  Have a marvelous weekend everyone.

Comments

mgbrown said…
You are both great brothers!
Have a great weekend!
Love you all, Gina, Mark & family
nancykayaks said…
Hey Jeff and Rebecca, I hope you are having a marvelous time at Lake Michigan. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. You are at the top of my daily prayer list.