Finals week!
Kids around the nation are stressing over end of the year tests. I too have a slew of tests to take. Although I can't study too much for the tests, I have much studying to do about the disease. There is much to learn.
I have a appointment scheduled next Thursday with a hematologist. I have had some tremendous help from a few friends in the medical field that are showing me the ropes in terms of being an advocate for my care and treatment. For that I am so thankful. One of Nurse Kris's
suggestions was to call my Doc's nurse before the visit next week. I am so glad I did. I now have another test set up for Monday morning. I have to have my bone marrow biopsied to make sure the wee beasties have not found their way inside there. Had I not called, we would have been out another week while waiting for that test result too. Dr. Sanyal did not have any appointments available for Monday but they squeezed me in somehow. I just need to be persistent so that I can keep moving forward. God is Good.
Thank you all for the prayers and support! It means so much going into this knowing that I have a HUGE backing as I prepare for what lies ahead. I have included a few recent pics of the kiddos too, because after all, it's not all about me. Enjoy!

Comments