Jack in the Box




Uncle Kevin sat in the back seat and kept the twins laughing for a good portion of the drive home today. Joshua and Mary sure are good at their job. They bring a lot of joy, they certainly bring joy to me and to those at the clinic today. It's been a full day. We left the house at 7am so I could get an Echocardiogram baseline test before chemo started(that's just an ultrasound of my heart). Then we made our way to the Oncology clinic for a 10am meeting with Dr. Sanyal. After about 40 minutes with him and looking at pictures of the PET scan we made our way over to the chemo side of things. I got a bit ahead of myself, for those of you playing at home, my diagnosis is Hodgkins Lymphoma of the Nodular Sclerosis type. I am characterized at Stage IIB. That means that I have no cancer below the diaphragm although I do have it on both sides of the chest. There is some enlargement of the spleen so he will be keeping an eye on that but it does not appear as though cancer showed up there in the PET.

Anyhow, I just returned home from Chemo and so far so good although we'll see how long it lasts. They are good people down there at the clinic. They do a great job of making me feel comfortable and relaxed. Speaking of relaxing, I am going to sign off for now but I will try to get a more thoughtful note out later. Keep the prayers coming!
Last week we took in Fair on the square down in Baraboo. Before the festivities we also took a jaunt on into Hair on the square as well. Andrew got his second hair cut with quite a but of screaming but in the end he came out looking pretty sharp. I'll try to find a good post-cut photo.
Andrew is ready to lead the charge into battle! Actually, he is cheering on his dad and uncle as they till the garden.

Comments

Katie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said…
Jeff I'm glad the first treatment is behind you!! I'm also glad that the other tests came back negative. I almost cried when mom told me that!! I know how strong you are and how strong all of the prayers are, so I'm sure it won't be long until we are celebrating you being cancer free!! I'll keep praying for that day!!!! I love you!!! The pictures of the kiddos are great!! They are getting too big!!
Cheri N said…
Love the button story. Jason has the same hair issue. So good to hear that the treatment are starting. I check this blog about 4-5 times a day, so thanks for the updates.
Thought and prayers,
Cheri
mgbrown said…
Over the last couple of years I have given Kevin a hard time about growing up, sorry for that, but I never realized how much the two of you look alike, the hats and babies attached to you probably help with that too! Great Picture! Love you....still praying!
mamma hoeben said…
My boys, ya gotta love them!