Down the with the Tube

I met with Dr. Sanyal before chemo today.  Here's the report, my counts are, in his words, "dismal."  Neutrophils=.2 but this man is relentless a good way.  Here's what I appreciate about him.  With all of this technology and labs and various "pictures" of the inside of my body, the tool he uses the most is my visible appearance.  He puts a lot of stock in how I look when I show up.  Of course I look beautiful so he says, "proceed!"

The other big thing to ask about today was of course, "the Tube"  which was the cause for the last two late night/early morning posts.  I apologize if I am posting too frequently.  Anyways, he scheduled to set up an appointment with the Gastrology doc to have the tube removed.  A little way into chemo today, the nurse woke me up to share that they could not get me in with the Doc until September.  Before, I could say, "What? that is preposterous!"She said, "how would you like to get it out today?" Without hesitation, I said, "pull it!" and within less than one minute I was on my to feeling more human again.  The tube is no more! Thanks everyone.


Comments

mgbrown said…
Congratulations!!!! I hope the site heals well and quickly! I also hope you have a celebration meal, once your taste buds are back to themselves after chemo!!! Love you, G
The other howards said…
You never post too much!
The other howards said…
You never post too much!
Cheri N said…
Yeah!! Love your nurses humor. You could never post too much.
Molly Mc said…
YAY!