CT results

Warning...Author is very tired and what you are about to read may not be too coherent.  Consider yourself warned.  I wanted to update quickly because a few people have asked about the CT scan from two weeks ago.  Frankly, I had forgotten about it.  I really do believe that I have been able to have quite a bit of peace around this due to the power of prayer, support and faith in my Doc.  I did not spend the week between testing and results fretting over what the scan would say.  It turns out that there was absolutely no reason to fret.  Everything looks great.  There is certainly some scar tissue which is common and expected with "The Hodge."

I felt as though since we were talking about positive results, it was now ok to ask Dr. Sanyal what life looks like beyond chemo.  How cool is it that I can already think of that time as though it is right around the corner.  He said that after my final treatment I will head off for another PET scan which is the one with the radioactive sugar just to make sure that what they are seeing is in fact just scar tissue.  Then for the next two years, I will have check-ups every three months.  After that I will head in every six months up until I reach the five year point.  Yes, folks, another chapter will soon be closed.

And, not a moment too soon.  The last two chemo treatments have been a bit rough.  I find my mind working against my body.  Knowing what happens, and what is to be expected each time gets me a bit worked up.  I get restless and slightly uneasy.  I don't really know how to fully explain it but suffice it to say that I am pretty pleased that I only have three more to go.

Thanks again for checking in and I look forward to talking next time about some new perspectives that I have gained since diagnosis.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was good to see everyone this weekend. Thanks for the scan update. It is awesome to think about looking beyond the treatments; and to be able to stop living in ebbs and flows by two week increments, as through the treatments. We are looking forward with you and praying for you.
Love you all,

Amy and Matt
Seth Bridger said…
3 more treatments.... we are "cheering" you on from afar --- holding you in prayer and looking forward to more posts (and life) to come. Paddling anyone ?
What's it they say about the last parts of the marathon? Let's pray your second wind kicks in soon. It's truly a marathon... keep running the race and fighting the good fight. We'll keep praying. You're on the home stretch! Love you always.
-A