Irony
Our good friend, Tricia, knows of my love for Kermit the Frog. Pictured here is the second of two Kermit shirts she has found for me over the years. Tonight, or this morning(3:38am) as the case may be, I have to laugh at the irony of this one. I am not sure that the "awesome meter" is off the charts right now but at least it makes me smile in the middle of the night. In fact I feel sort of like Kermit as seen here in a classic clip from the 1979 Muppet Show. Check it out and I will explain.
Great stuff isn't it? The only difference between Kermit and I, other than the obvious fact that Kermit is an amphibious talking frog and I am not, is that Kermit managed to escape the steam roller and right now I feel as though I have not. Ok, maybe it is not that bad but it seems we cannot get well around here. I'm not talking cancer, I am just talking about the crud. Mary and Joshua went in to see the Doc yesterday because the cough and running nose was compounded by fever and a pretty strong wheeze...Not good. I too have once again the soar throat, running nose and just general feeling of blah...
How did we know Mary wasn't well you may ask? Yesterday she spent half the morning asleep on the Manny's chest. Moments ago, I just layed her back down after a brief snuggle period as well. She never does that. None of my kids have ever been real cuddly. They are cute, but cuddly is just not how they roll. So, on the up side I get a bit of snuggle time in with the wee ones but once again, it is not quite as "Awesome" at 4am.
I should try to get a bit of sleep now before the second attempt at an airport run is made. We are trying to get the manny home for the weekend parish festival. The 6am airport jaunt was for not yesterday due to a cancelled flight so we will give it another go this morning. Have a restful night everyone, enjoy the weekend and remember, as the muppets say... "Keep believing, keep pretending; we've done just what we set out to do, thanks to the lovers, the dreamers and you!"

Comments