Thoughts on Helping
While in Nepal, I would go to work every day at Pashupati and try to help out the residents. Here Ryan and I were, young and abled bodied and we would come in to serve. The end of each day had a very humble finish. It was always a wonderful reminder for me as we stepped up to wash our hands before heading off for the day. The water there was drawn from a hand-pumped well. If one wanted to get a good thorough wash while scrubbing both hands together it was not possible to do by oneself. I needed help, after helping the residents all morning long, the tables were turned.
It may sound simple, certainly washing hands is fairly simple but that seems to me to make even more of a statement. I could not even wash my own hands without help. I bring this up because last week, for the first time in six months I was able to take a shower without having someone( I say "someone" which usually meant Rebecca, but at times, my bro, mom, and even our nanny) wrap my arm in cling wrap before jumping into the rain locker. Once again, a fairly simple thing but it reminds me of our dependence on one another. We all need help sometimes and it may not always come in the form we expect it. I have been so blessed through all of this to have so much help in so many ways. Of course, I am happy to be able to get into the shower now without covering my PIK line but I, and I think all of us, should not forget that we cannot go through life all alone. It pays to be thankful for all that we have and the helping hands that present themselves throughout our lives.
Comments
Love Cheri