The not so "late-night" top 10 list
Top 10 wonderful things that happened to me today (In no particular order)
1. I got rid of the darn annoying IV out of my wrist*
2.I appropriated a pair of scrub pants to compliment my long, flowing hospital gown
3. I watched a beautiful sunrise out my window.
4. I got to see all three of my beautiful children, my wife, grandma and grandpa, and good friends from Baraboo.
5. My wife came bearing gifts of slippers from home, books, computer, The Cosby show, and my winter stocking hat! (Yeah, I was bald before Chemo but the hat is still nice. A guy gets cold without hair)
6. I met lots of nice people in the medical profession.
7. I was able to rate my pain as a "0" on the scale multiple times!
8. I got a cup of ice for dinner! When it's all I get, I start to look forward to it.
9. Dr. Sanyal stopped in for a surprise visit in the evening. He has a very calming, confident presence. ( It is difficult to describe but I can just feel that he has my best interest in mind every step of the way, he's a problem solver and he will get to the bottom of it,whatever the "it"is.)
10. Did I mention that my wonderful wife and family came by?
All in all, the day was a good one. I know there are many of you out there reading. Thanks.
*I had a PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) put in today. The cool thing is that they can draw blood from this too so no more poking. I was starting to feel like a bit of a pin cushion. It did not help that no IV was started on the first try yesterday. One took three... So, The PICC goes in just above my elbow at the interior part of my arm and follows the vein all the way into my Superior Vena Cava. This allows them to also pump me up on nutrients and goodies. Yummy! Sometime, when you're bored I'll tell you about my last meal before all this went down. Right now it's off to sheet street and pillow alley for this guy. Good night all.
Comments
That is quite the list!
Anything else you need before I come up?
See you tonight.