"Ebony and Ivory"
It's 11:24pm and I had no intention of updating the blog tonight. The coughing from the last few days has made my feeding tube site quite sore. On top of that, when my stomach gets hungry my hunger pains are worsened by the fact that my stomach contracts weirdly around the tube and the only way I know to fix it is to eat. A bowl of generic Chex and some Kix (with a drizzle of honey over the top, for good measure) was the chosen remedy. I hope it works.
As I devoured the remedy, I couldn't help but smile at the back of the cereal box. And, no it was not even the brand name cereal that provided the entertainment. Spanning probably sixty years of tunes are 48 song titles waiting to be matched up with the corresponding artist. Titles such as You Light Up My Life, Bette Davis Eyes, and Mmm,Mmm,Mmm,Mmm with artists such as Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, The Moonglows, and The Penguins. (Please don't wrack your brain on any sort of correlation with the above listings, the artists and songs have nothing in common, they were merely chosen as examples.)
I gotta be honest folks, I have not started filling it in yet but I think I may only get half of them. Indeed there are some great songs on the list. Uncle Tony where are you when I need you. Mark S. I have a feeling you could be of some help too. Have a great night gang. I am off to Chemo in the morning, I better catch some Z's.
Maybe I'll wake up singing, What A Feeling from Footloose...
As I devoured the remedy, I couldn't help but smile at the back of the cereal box. And, no it was not even the brand name cereal that provided the entertainment. Spanning probably sixty years of tunes are 48 song titles waiting to be matched up with the corresponding artist. Titles such as You Light Up My Life, Bette Davis Eyes, and Mmm,Mmm,Mmm,Mmm with artists such as Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, The Moonglows, and The Penguins. (Please don't wrack your brain on any sort of correlation with the above listings, the artists and songs have nothing in common, they were merely chosen as examples.)
I gotta be honest folks, I have not started filling it in yet but I think I may only get half of them. Indeed there are some great songs on the list. Uncle Tony where are you when I need you. Mark S. I have a feeling you could be of some help too. Have a great night gang. I am off to Chemo in the morning, I better catch some Z's.
Maybe I'll wake up singing, What A Feeling from Footloose...
Comments