Peas Please!

 I've got to give a quick shout out here to "Topher." These two cuties are sporting their favorite Oklahoma State onsies thanks to Topher, our wonderful assistant director and this summer, the acting Summer camp director.  He's carried us through this summer and you can see that Mary and Joshua are extremely happy about that fact!
 Let's talk about eating for just a second...As you can tell by the smiles, these two-yes, even Mary, have caught on to the benefits of eating from a spoon.  Yummy!  I have adopted the one bowl, one spoon, two mouth system.  It just works best that way.  As for my food consumption, it has increased although the taste I am left with in my mouth after Chemo has not made eating too pleasant.  The taste should wear off after a few days and then I can really dig into some goodness.  For now, I am keeping it pretty simple, with noodles, cereal, and the occasional peach or banana.
 Grandma and Grandpa offered to take Andrew back to their place for the weekend.  I don't have pictures yet of all their adventures but last time they were together they hit up the local pea patch.  It is a spot that their mother remembers fondly from her salad days, back when she was young and green.  It's been three days now since we've seen the little guy and frankly, we miss him.  He is headed home today and I can't wait to hear the stories.  I think there was plenty more picking this time around.  Blueberries and raspberries were top on the list.  Hurry home Andrew.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for showing him some of the finer points to life!

Comments

mama hoeben said…
So great to see mary eating like a big kid. Everyone looks very happy!
love to all
Hey Jeff,

We've been a little bit busy this summer and haven't been able to read all your updates, but I got caught up today.

The pictures are great. (The storys are great too, very entertaining). The kids are already getting so big. Everyone looks great, even you. A little on the skinny side, but I'm sure once this is all over, you'll get plenty of help putting the pounds back on.

Keep on keeping on. Keep up the good work.

Take care, Uncle Tony